The Metamorphosis (Norton Critical Editions)
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
Additional Book Details
Franz Kafka's 1915 novella of nightmarish transformation became a worldwide classic and remains a century later one of the most widely read works of fiction in the world. This new and acclaimed translation is accompanied by possible inspirations and critical analysis of Gregor Samsa's strange story.
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
· Susan Bernofsky’s acclaimed new translation, along with her Translator’s Note.
· Introductory materials and explanatory footnotes by Mark M. Anderson.
· Three illustrations.
· Related texts by Kafka, Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Rainer Maria Rilke, among others.
· Eight critical essays by Günther Anders, Walter H. Sokel, Nina Pelikan Straus, Mark M. Anderson, Elizabeth Boa, Carolin Duttlinger, Kári Driscoll, and Dan Miron.
· A Chronology and a Selected Bibliography.
|Sold By||W. W. Norton & Company|
|ISBNs||0393923207, 0393923207, 9780393923209, 039352194X, 9780393521948|
|Number of Pages||233|